The Men for All Season’s group came into being in June 2013 as a vehicle for the men of our Parish Community and their friends (all men are welcome), to get together and share one another’s company. The inaugural meeting of the group occurred on the 17th of June 2013.
The group operates from an annual calendar of events (February to December) formulated in December each year with input from all members. Monthly Events mostly include travel by bus/car; smoko; activity such as a guided tour of a museum, refinery or dairy etc.; lunch at a club or hotel incorporating acknowledgement and celebration (cake etc.) of members’ birthdays falling during the month.
Over the past nine & a half years the group has:
- Enjoyed a total of ninety-four events;
- Increased membership from twenty to one hundred and thirty-eight;
- Increased average event attendance numbers from sixteen to thirty- The highest annual attendance average of forty-one was achieved in 2019- attendance numbers have fluctuated during the COVID-19 yearsincluding during our current transition out; &
- Highest attendance for an event from twenty-three to sixty.
Practices have kept pace with growth ensuring members’ Health and Safety si at the forefront when suitable events are planned for inclusion in the Calendar of Events. A Volunteer First Aid Officer with a first aid kit & defibrillator is on duty for all trips, and bottled drinking water, sunscreen, hand wash, and, paper towel are available to members during all trips. All Event Venues arescreened to ensure they are safe for Al members & have a “Current COVID-19 Safe Plan” in place.
All men are welcome and invited to join the group.
Please refer to our “Information Pack” or contact the Parish Office on 46 359555 or Dick Neal on 46 355565/0481 069119 for more information if you are interested in joining the group.
- Guided Tour of Pioneer Village, Highfields – Monday, 5 December 2022On this occasion we had a small roll up of twenty-nine (29) for this event (31 for lunch) which included one (1) invited guest Father Hal Ranger – welcome Fr. Hal. Also, our fellow member & inaugural first aid officer Phil Cash was able to join us for lunch as well – welcome Phil. The … Continue reading
- Guided Tour of Pohlman’s Nursery, Gatton – Monday, 7 November 2022Well, we had a reasonable roll up of thirty-four (34) for this event (36 for lunch). The day started with a bit of early excitement when the steering axle/wheel on the passenger side of our coach threw in the towel when our driver (Nick) attempted to reverse park on arrival at Pohlman’s – However, this … Continue reading
- Guided tours of Amiens Legacy Centre & Robert Shannon winery, Stanthorpe – Monday, 12 September 2022Well, we had a small roll up of twenty (20) on this occasion which included two (2) new members Denis McCarthy & Mark Tranter – Welcome Denis & Mark. Unfortunately, I was unable to attend this event & the following notes & attached photos have been provided by Warwick Dingle & Peter Taylor – Thanks … Continue reading