The Men for All Season’s group came into being in June 2013 as a vehicle for the men of our Parish Community and their friends (all men are welcome), to get together and share one another’s company. The inaugural meeting of the group occurred on the 17th of June 2013.
The group operates from an annual calendar of events (February to December) formulated in December each year with input from all members. Monthly Events mostly include travel by bus/car; smoko; activity such as a guided tour of a museum, refinery or dairy etc.; lunch at a club or hotel incorporating acknowledgement and celebration (cake etc.) of members’ birthdays falling during the month.
Over the past nine & a half years the group has:
- Enjoyed a total of ninety-four events;
- Increased membership from twenty to one hundred and thirty-eight;
- Increased average event attendance numbers from sixteen to thirty- The highest annual attendance average of forty-one was achieved in 2019- attendance numbers have fluctuated during the COVID-19 yearsincluding during our current transition out; &
- Highest attendance for an event from twenty-three to sixty.
Practices have kept pace with growth ensuring members’ Health and Safety si at the forefront when suitable events are planned for inclusion in the Calendar of Events. A Volunteer First Aid Officer with a first aid kit & defibrillator is on duty for all trips, and bottled drinking water, sunscreen, hand wash, and, paper towel are available to members during all trips. All Event Venues arescreened to ensure they are safe for Al members & have a “Current COVID-19 Safe Plan” in place.
All men are welcome and invited to join the group.
Please refer to our “Information Pack” or contact the Parish Office on 46 359555 or Dick Neal on 46 355565/0481 069119 for more information if you are interested in joining the group.
- Guided Tour of Cressbrook Dam – Monday, 6 November 2023We had an excellent rollup of thirty-seven (37) for this event. We travelled to Perseverance Dam & then Peter Taylor started providing us with the background of Perseverance, how it flowed into Cressbrook Dam, what wildlife was around, along with pointing out various features such as how close the last bushfire got to both Cressbrook … Continue reading
- Guided Tour of the Railway Museum, Ipswich – Thursday, 5 October 2023We had a roll up of twenty-seven (27) for this event which included one new member Evan Fairley – Welcome Evan. As planned, we travelled to Ipswich via the Toowoomba Bypass entering from the Mort Street Ramp – Our fellow member Ron Bathurst provided us with a running commentary/talk on the problems under repair as … Continue reading
- Guided Tour of Boomaroo Nurseries, Southbrook – Monday 4 September 2023We had another good roll up of thirty-four (34) for this event – Thirty-seven for lunch which included three members Phil Cash, Neville Sarquis & Pat McNamee who were unable to join us for the event – Welcome Phil, Neville & Pat. Our first stop of the day was Southbrook Bi-Centennial Park for smoko where … Continue reading