“To everything there is a season; a time to be born, a time to die”
The experience of a death in the family can be a time of anxiety and uncertainty. At St Thomas More’s we have a consolation team who can assist with arranging a funeral in our parish church. The team can assist with some tasks that might help to relieve some of the stress.
Team members have received training in funeral planning procedures and some members have been involved in this ministry for more than 10 years. We work in coordination with your funeral director, priest, and the parish office.
What can we do?
Preparing the liturgy
- support you and your family members while you meet with the priest to prepare a service, either a liturgy or requiem mass,
- suggest suitable hymns and readings and explain the details of liturgy or mass,
- organise to get you musicians and ministers for the service, and
- liaise between the office, funeral directors, and priest.
On the day
- open and prepare the church on the day of the funeral,
- be a familiar face to provide a warm and welcoming environment for you and your family, and
- help the people involved in the service to know what to do and when.
You can take comfort knowing that we will make contact with you after the funeral and invite you to any future services in memory of your loved one.
To contact our consolation team call or email the parish office:
- Phone: 07 4635 9555
- Email: email@example.com
- Sister Deidre Gardiner
- Ava Emery
- Pat White-Davison
- Maria Bourke
- Margaret Devine
- Bernadette Prescott
- Kaye Rouse
- Mary Taylor
If you are interested in being part of this team we would be happy to talk with you.