Celebrating Sacraments of Initiation for Children
The community of St Thomas More’s celebrates the Sacrament of Baptism.
Process for when a request is made for Baptism within our faith community:
- Parents request Baptism for their child/children through the Parish Office
- Parents are informed of times that Baptisms are offered within the community.
- Office contacts the Baptism Team for the particular month and gives names for the next preparation session.
- The priest who is rostered for the Sunday Masses is informed of names of those to be baptised.
- Baptismal Team does the following:
- contacts parents and arranges a time and place for the preparation
- conducts the preparation session
- confirms with parents the date of their child’s baptism
- completes with the parents the Baptism Family Information-Form 2021
- gives completed form to parish office
- Parish Secretary:
- types up the certificate.
- prints in the newsletter the names of families who are presenting children for baptism within the parish each month.
Times for Baptism:
As Lent is the traditional time for the preparation of people who are to be Baptised at Easter, Baptism is not normally celebrated within the parish during Lent. Any queries about baptisms during Lent should be addressed to the Parish Leader whose contact details are at the top right of this page.
Baptisms are offered outside the Mass on the second and fourth Sundays of each month at 10am.
This time together looks at WHAT it means to have a child baptised and HOW we do the ceremony. It is a time to explore the meaning of the symbols used at Baptism and true value of Godparents. See attached form here Role of Godparents booklet 2019